Sunday, February 17, 2008

Don't Panic!

For some reason this just seemed fitting in my recent search for graduate school programs. The search, however, has been entertaining. I've found a couple that I'm really excited about. The programs I've been looking at are either Integrated Marketing Communication (generally a mix of ad and pr) or advertising creative programs. The most interesting, by far, has been at (drum roll please) FSU. They have a really neat program under the healm of int. mar. comm. with an emphasis in digital marketing communication. Pre-reqs for the program included a familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver (yea for the BYU PR program which makes learning these REQUIRED), etc. Needless to say I'm applying. The really good news has been that most deadlines aren't until July. The only exception so far has been Boston University, which also has a really neat program, so I was a little bummed about that.

Anyway, I've been slowly wittling down a rather lengthy list of schools with programs in communications. Most of the schools were on the East Coast. There were hardly any on the West (?), which I thought was kind of weird. But oh well. As long as there's a coast, I think I'm pretty cool with anywhere (with the exception of Chicago... I could do Chicago). For some reason living in a landlock state as a single freaks me out. I have in my head one of those images of the United States taken at night where you can see all the lights of the cities. It's really bright on all the coasts but as you get more and more in the middle it gets really dark. Only in my mind the lights don't represent cities... they're my marriage options. Okay, okay, paranoia. Whatev. I'm sticking with coastal states.

That, I think, has been the hilight of the week. Oh, and Pere took me to the gym. My body hurt for three days. I might start speaking with him again tomorrow, but we'll see (I think my calves might still be holding grudges). That was the other hilight. More to come next week...

No comments: