Friday, August 22, 2008

Tallahassee

I just said goodbye to my parents. What a week! For those of you who don't know, I was accepted to a graduate program at Florida State University in Tallahassee, FL. School starts on Monday so last Saturday my parents and I packed up my Camry and began the long drive to FL. We arrive Monday night and we've been on the go ever since. My apartment was unfurnished so we had to get the necessities (bed, desk, etc.). Thankfully with all the driving around I now know how to navigate to school and back (and to Wal-Mart)-- at least in the day time. What else could a girl need? Oh, I know how to get to the mall too. :-)

Both my roommates are LDS, which is great. I've already hit it off with one of them. We have a similar sense of humor, which makes her twice as cool. Tonight I will most likely chill and enjoy the new episode of Psych, my new favorite show. My roomie watches it too. Again, cool.

6 comments:

Montserrat said...

Glad to know you're still alive....

Lili said...

Good luck-I'm sure you'll do fantastic!!

Unknown said...

Glad u made it safely. Suerte! Can't wait to see pics. I'll have to check out Psyche.

Michelle said...

I'm glad you made it! Good luck!

Speaking of Wal-Mart, I ran into your brother Pere at one today.

Jessica said...

I was just going to post that we needed an update from you. I'm glad that you made it down there safe. Keep us updated on everything.

Good luck with school!

Rebecca said...

Thanks guys! And Sylvia, Psych is on USA right after Monk, in case you were wondering :-)