Wednesday, September 3, 2008

tow, tow, your boat....

So my first day of classes was last Tuesday (a week ago). I was stressing out because I couldn't get into the classes I needed/wanted, it was hot outside, and, well, it wasn't the best day I'd ever had. Classes went fine and while I was walking back to my car my dad called me to let me know my Camry was all ready to pick up at the dealership (it was getting some work done so I was using a rental). That cheered me up and put a little spring into my step as I walked to the institute building parking lot. I'd parked the rental in a really obvious spot (in case I forgot what it looked like). As the parking lot drew closer I had a sinking feeling something was missing... like, say, my car, for instance. I walked up to the empty spot, looked around for a sign indicating who had, apparently, towed my car.

Property Parking Services. Lame.

I called the bishop's wife, Sis. L., to find out what I could do. I'd been told I didn't need a parking permit the first week of classes since they had told the towing company to not tow yet. Sis. L was super nice and directed me to Bro. B, our institute director. Bro. B was amazing and within 20 minutes of realizing my car was gone I was driving it up to the dealership to pick up my Camry. And he got the fee waived. He also got a chocolate sheet cake two days later. The incidents are related.

The next day I was hanging out in the institute building between classes when the kind Bro. B comes up to me and asks if he can chat with me a second. Sure, I say. He explains Pres. W of the Quincy branch is looking for two YSAs to speak in his branch in two weeks, would I mind? The dude got my car out of the tow lot... sneaky. I say sure, I'd speak.

Sunday I meet with the YSA ward for the first time (the previous Sunday was stake conference) and a member of the bishopric pulls me aside. Sunday school teacher for the teacher development class. You'll probably teach your first lesson in two weeks. I do the math. *cough* I have a talk that morning in Quincy. Counselor: don't they meet in the morning?

Sweet. So busy Sunday in two weeks. Also, I recently checked the assignments for my Web usability class. He's assigned seven 4 page papers for 7 weeks in a row. Welcome to grad school! All-in-all, though, it should be a good class. I've loved the reading so far and I'm planning on keeping at least one of the books. And I found Border's Books. Yea!

2 comments:

Lili said...

Those bretheren are sneaky, sneaky sneaky! :) I'm so impressed that you are in grad school-it's taken me four years to build up the courage to even think of getting my masters. I know you will do fantastic in your classes. I hope you are doing great!

Montserrat said...

Well, when you are a woman of many talents the word kind of spreads...I wonder if it's spread to any single, available men yet?