Monday, February 1, 2010

Letter folding...

So with the mission approaching, I've been thinking of fun ways to send letters. It's always nice to get a letter, but I thought it would be fun to find something unique so that when the person gets it they know it's from me, something personalized. In the course of looking up letter writing tips, I came across this web site that shows some pre-envelope letter folding patterns. They've been a lot of fun to play around with. My favorites so far are the "Fern" and "Anchor" folds. The Anchor is a bit tricky to close, but looks super cute in its small size and it very secure once it's closed (no seal needed!). If I can come up with some cute sticker seals, I think the Fern will be used quite a bit as well (I saw some at the paper store today that were circles with fun scrapbook paper looking stripes... rather than buy them, I think I'll see what I can come up with on my own). Anyway, enjoy!

www.ghh.com

UPDATE: This site takes a little bit different approach to the same idea --> www.letterfu.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun!

Rebecca said...

boo, sylv, you were right, the USPS has size restrictions. It has to be at least 3" by 5" or they'll charge an extra handling fee. how lame! but some of the folds still work (huray!).