Sunday, January 6, 2008

New year, new blog...

I've moved over to blogspot because... well the templates just looked cuter. Also, you can edit the templates at blogspot and you have to pay to be able to do that at wordpress. So here I am!

I am pretty excited about the new year. It's also nice looking back on 2007 and thinking, "hey, I really did get a lot accomplished last year..." Some hilights of 2007 are (in no particualr order):

1. Two month study abroad to Spain. Those two months were some of the most amazing in my life and I can't wait to go back some day.

2. Had the Brooklyn Roll at the Happy Sumo. It was amazing.

3. Read Harry Potter 7

4. Took my capstone public relations class with one of my best buddies.

5. Found out I could wake up before 5 a.m. and not die. On that note, I also finally adjusted to studying in the morning instead of at night and going to bed at a decent time.

6. Got accepted to my first internship

7. Learned how to make homemade bread

8. Worked for 3 months at a copy center with some of the funnest co-workers in the world

9. Spending the last two weeks of Spain with my fam and seeing the places where my grandfather grew up

10. Discovering the "sandwich mixto con tortilla francesca." Heaven on two pieces of toasted bread.

In all, '07 was amazing but I am excited to make '08 just as amazing. At this point in my life time moving forward is scary but also very exciting. It's my last semester at the Y and in the next couple of months I have to decide where I really want to be. The opportunities are exhilirating. I have been richly blessed in my life and I hope to make the most of it this year and always.

3 comments:

Rebekah Wood said...

I love that you put sushi as #2. I love sushi!

Montserrat said...

Yup, you've had a really good year. Can't wait to see what's in store for this year.

Blogger has been a lot more fun to adjust its templates. I tried starting up my new blog on wordpress but couldn't do all the 'fun' stuff so went to blogger instead. Oh and *cough* where's *cough, cough* my link *cough, cough, cough* on your sidebar? COUGH

Rebecca said...

oh, my bad. there were a lot of links to transfer! it has been fixed, though. my, we're certainly vain... :-) love you!